1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Daddy, I'm pregnant." Rinse, repeat.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Sep 27, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Why should anyone having sex under 18 be put in jail? My grandmother had her first child when she was 15. What's criminal is that we want to deny that people that are sexually mature and merely acting on what's natural. There's a very good reason they used to marry girls off at 14 or 15.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

At one point this year at my old high school, there supposedly were 10 girls (ranging in age from sophomore on up to senior) that were pregnant. And one of the boys' basketball team's stars became a daddy just after he turned 16.

3. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

My stepbrother had five kids before he turned 20. Two different women with a set of twins mixed in. His mother offered to pay for a little snip, but he never showed up. Since then (6 years) he has only had one. We thought he was trying to get his own baseball team before he hit 25.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

6. I'm hoping that didn't come out the way he meant. If it did, WTF? ???

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

This is why I hope my children are boys. When you have a son, you only have to worry about one penis. When you have a daughter, you have to worry about all of them.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Damn. That's one way of looking at it.

Please tell me my 2-year-old daughter won't ever grow up.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Wrong thread, but this is my irrational fear. I have no idea what I'd say.

10. Nothing irrational about that, novelist.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If you have daughters, novelist, one getting pregnant is in no way irrational.

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Know a stripper (best friend's wife) that got pregnant every two years since before she was 18. Had 3 kids by the time she was 22. Then had multiple abortions as a form of birth control (they were uber-dumb). Friend finally got a "V" and they haven't had any problems, of course...

God I hope my wife and I have boys.

Draft saved Draft deleted