1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad who beat up daughter's boyfriend: I would have dragged the kid behind my car

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Leave the skeevy. Take the cannoli.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Re: Dad who beat up daughter's boyfriend: I would have dragged the kid behind my

I don't have kids but I think a good arbitrary number would be my daughter's street address.

In other words, when she moves out it's none of my business.

But until she does...

Edit: That would apply to my son too.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So if your 15-year-old son has sex with a 17-year-old girl, you going to go beat the crap out of her?

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Re: Dad who beat up daughter's boyfriend: I would have dragged the kid behind my

Outing alert:

A_QB is...

[​IMG]

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wouldn't be pleased in the least if a 17-year-old girl was riding my 15-year-old son all night long. once again, 15 is too young to fuck.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

At that age, for both of them, it's sort of consensual.
    Hate that it is, but it prettty much is.

Both are still kids, and thinking like kids and making kid mistakes.

I still would like to know if this 17-year-old male was black.
    It would bolster my theory that Americans have a real problem with black/white relationships.

And as for the dad, he's a paranoid, over-zealous, parent.

Can't do the sorts of things he wants to do, and expect to get off free and clear.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Uh, no. But I might knock him around if he got her pregnant.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the point is, a 15-year-old isn't emotionally stable enough to have sex, male or female.

9. Um, here's the thing though: women aren't cows. They aren't anyone's property. Not even the 15-year old ones.

Most of the age-of-consent laws are screwed up and need to be rewritten. Honestly, there shouldn't be anything on the books that gives a DA the power to turn another kid into Genarlow Wilson. Also, just wondering, when's the last time a 17-year-old girl was convicted for sleeping with a 15-year old boy?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Is that true for EVERY SINGLE 15-year-old? What about the 18-year-olds who are so irresponsible it's a crime that they even have a driver's license.

Sorry...I know the law has to draw the line somewhere, but to blanket it by saying no 15-year-old is mature enough simply doesn't cut it. There are plenty of 20-year-olds who aren't mature enough either.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

allen, so you're advocating taking a test then, eh?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a great idea. If a boy spend less than 3 minutes on foreplay -- they get a plastic doll and a learner's permit.

Of course, some will never graduate.

Draft saved Draft deleted