1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad who beat up daughter's boyfriend: I would have dragged the kid behind my car

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 15, 2008.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Word, Moddy. Word.

2. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

When I was in High School I was dating this girl who played on the basketball team and one time I picked her up at her house and her dad was cleaning his shutgun when I came into the living room. He asked my name and picked up one of the shoots and wrote my name on that sucker and said if she is not home by 11:30 that bullet would be for me.

Lets just put it this way, she was home by 11 and we did not do much dating after that. Her dad scarred me to death.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Commas are your friend. Believe me.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Hey, at least he spelled shotgun and scared rig....Oh wait, never mind.

5. Re: Dad who beat up daughter's boyfriend: I would have dragged the kid behind my

Hate crime, my ass.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

First, you are all judging him too harshly. What if it was a shutgun? I don't know what a shutgun is, but it could exist.

Secondly, this is the type of story that makes me feel bad for the kid. I mean, you're 17, you're dating a girl two years younger than you and you should feel bad about it?

Think about it. Apply that to your life now. You're 25, dating a 23 year old and you get the crap kicked out of you? Weak, man, weak.

And, secondly, if she consented, then the father can fuck off. I understand the need for child safety laws, but there comes a point where you have to allow people to make their own decisions.

If there's anything close to karma in this world, this 17 year old kid is gonna kick the crap out of his father when he hits his 60s. :)

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think the father's a douchebag, FWIW, and I'd divorce him if he'd pulled that shit with my nonexistent girl child.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Now, now. We all know that's not a possibility. No potential husband of yours would have the balls to pull something like that with you around.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm totally confused. What do I have to do with this? :D

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You're a he ???

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What's a "shutgun"?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A shotgun with a silencer?