1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad who beat up daughter's boyfriend: I would have dragged the kid behind my car

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Sex+rage%3a+Beating+not+enough&articleId=5f142dee-4f6e-48c1-a085-d17aff579976

I don't have a daughter so far be it from me to say he's wrong, but he's wrong and he should be locked up.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Now, for all you "hate crime" leglislation advocates when it comes to "groups," is this not a "hate" crime?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

What a winner. He looks like he might have beaten the kid up b/c he felt his daughter was cheating on him.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Are we talking about a white daughter here, and a black, older boyfriend?
    Anyone know for sure?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Not that it matters, but as best I can tell, the dad/daughter are Hispanic and the boyfriend was white.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

It matters a little bit to me, because of the implications.
    Inhabitants of this country have no problem with any cross-race or cross-color relationships -- except when it comes to black and white.
    That's the one pairing that irks so many U.S. citizens.
    Sad but true.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sounds like a hate crime to me.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The dad was wrong to beat up the boyfriend, and his statement about what he would have really liked to do was dumb too.

That said . . . I wouldn't call this a hate crime. The bitterness of a father toward the young boy who deflowered his 15-year-old daughter is a pretty universal thing. Actually acting on that hatred, not so much. But wanting to beat the tar out of a boy who had sex with your 15-year-old daughter?

That cuts across all racial lines.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

i hope i never have a daughter

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've had a daughter.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

When my beautiful daughter was much younger, she hung out with some skeevy fuck I didn't approve of - about five years older than her - and I would have happily beaten the living fuck out of him repeatedly and with any object I could get my hands on had I been able to get close enough to him.

Fortunately, she soon came to her senses. And justice prevailed. He's now doing 10 years of prison time for a variety of offenses, including breaking and entering, grand theft auto and identity theft. Kid got one hell of a break after being caught in a stolen truck full of stolen shit (some of it mine) - out after 10 months with probation and some suspended time. So he goes online and steals 40 more cards and sells them. To a federal agent!
    Bend over bitch.

12. When the farmer catches you milking his cow, you get what you deserve.

Draft saved Draft deleted