1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad sues after son kicked off track team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Jun 13, 2013.

1. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Ugh, I can't count how many times I had to write athletic department budget stories explaining that the programs were mostly self-funded through fundraisers, ticket sales, and pay-to-play. But, nooooo, the fucking idiot readers still couldn't comprehend that fact. Always railing about their TAX MONEYES!!!!1!!!

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Alma knows the difference and is just being obtuse. You guys are just stoking the idiot's fire.

3. ringer

ringer Active Member

I love that they're also suing for two letter jackets, in addition to the $40 mill.

Probably nothing is going to kill his kid's chance at a college scholarship more than this lawsuit.

I also agree with Starman -- why aren't any of the kid's times listed in the story?

And how does being kicked off the team constitute "bullying?"

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's because your high school has approximately 250,000 students. :D

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe his high school was in Kenya -- where everyone goes out for cross country.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Read 'em and weep. This kid is no Usain Bolt.

http://nj.milesplit.com/athletes/3076586-mawusi-mawusimensah

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2013-02-07

Mawusi ran a 2:12.77 in the 800m at NJSIAA Sectional Championships -SJ Gr. 1&2, placing 18th.

This sucks.

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

His best finish is a 4th place in one event one time.

I think the guy should sue his son for not being fast enough.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Why is everything else a bonus? Why does equal aess stop at the dlassronn?

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If someone gets booted for bad behavior or being an ass that's one thing The argument is that no one should be denied an opportunity to participate if it's a public shool

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He did a great job of finishing 45th in that one Sub-Varsity (i.e. JV) cross country meet.

I am sure the college scouts are lined up to get at him.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Back in my freshman year of high school (1984) they didn't cut kids from the track team. If you were a slow runner you weren't cut, you were simply relegated to running the second (or third) heat of an event at dual meets. Plus you had the 6-foot-5 260 pound thrower/linebacker bound for Purdue blindside you on the track, sending you flying 10 feet into the long jump pit; two sprinters/ WR-DBs pushing you into a locker in the lockerroom and locking you in (because one couldn't do it himself), and various other hazings in an attempt to get you to quit -- but you weren't cut -- and you earned all of their respect by the end of the season for gutting it out working hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted