1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad points laser at rival goalie's eyes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gravehunter, Mar 7, 2012.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

A Massachusetts father will face criminal charges for allegedly aiming a laser pointer into the eyes of the opposing goalie at his daughter's high school hockey game.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/07/massachusetts-father-faces-charges-for-allegedly-pointing-laser-at-hockey/

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, nobody could have seen that coming.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Unsportsmanlike sure, but criminal charges?

Disorderly conduct, I guess. He'll be fined $500 and be labeled an asshole for life.

Bang the gavel.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking too, Steak.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Haven't they proved those things can cause permanent vision loss? That could lead to criminal charges. Either way, at the next game he should be stripped naked at center ice and let the girl slap shot him in the nuts with her goalie stick.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yeah, this isn't just "Oh, he's being a jerk at a sporting event." You can do real, serious damage with those things.

7. Steak Snabler

I guess, but you don't get charged with murder if you don't kill a person. He'll get a fine and public ridicule, maybe banned from the rink, but not more than that.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's certainly an interesting analogy.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You can be charged with assault if you hit someone and they don't get hurt.

10. Steak Snabler

Yes, but not battery. So far he's been charged with disorderly conduct, which more often than not ends up getting dismissed or adjudicated with a small fine.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Frankly, the way things are going these days, I'm just glad there wasn't a rifle attached to that laser.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Someone was using the cannon.

EDIT - fuck

Draft saved Draft deleted