1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad kills his 15-year-old son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Putting this 15-year old in the same category as a level-three sex offender (who yeah, all deserve to be put to death) is akin to comparing a playground bully to Ted Bundy. This might be the dumbest fucking thread I've ever read on this board.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I agree. Nobody knows what or if he actually did to the child.

I hope the father rots in a cell for 50 years. A quick death for the old man is too easy.

3. He can walk free for all I care. Nothing changes the story and how heartbreaking it is. It's a weakness of mine, I suppose. Criminal "justice" never erases the pain for me of the original act. Perhaps that's part of why I'm so resolutely anti-death penalty. I think it gives us an "out" from emotionally confronting the sadness and senselessness of the original crime. It lets us pretend that real life narratives have satisfying closure, like the movies.

4. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

My sentiments, too.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Waylon, I have a hard time believing that the murderer did any of those things when his son was a baby. Those are things a good father does. No good father could do that that man did to his son, no matter what the son did.

6. outofplace

Also, count me in with those who don't understand the people on this thread who say the son's death is a good thing when we don't even know exactly what he did. In fact, all we have right now is the word of the other adults in the family that he did anything. The doctors found nothing when they examined the 3-year-old. I don't see how you can say he deserved to be murdered in such a horrific manner when we don't even have the facts, and may never have them.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There's no need to parse this story trying to determine the worst among wrongs. It's a horror for everyone involved.

Over the course of a couple hours a family (however dysfunctional) was torn apart with a combination of unfathomable despair, anguish, pain and anger, and they were ultimately left with an emptiness that will never be filled. Even those who remain are now among the living dead.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I'm not defending the 15 year old, but since the contact seems to have been fairly limited in nature, is it not possible that the 3 year old would not have been traumatized by the touching at all?

I'm not defending the 15 year olds actions, and he obviously knew he needed help, but at 3 years old, would it have been possible that the toddler wouldn't have even remembered the incident?

The execution will help fuck up the 3 year old even more than the touching alone would have.

Again, I'm not defending the 15 year old AT ALL.

9. slytiger

slytiger Member

Sounds about right. Suicide would have been a better option for the father for screwing up his kid so bad.

10. outofplace

ucacm, it is hard to answer that because we don't know what he did. I hope we never do. I wouldn't want the 3-year0-old to be able to read what happened to her later if she doesn't remember it on her own.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I actually work part-time for the post office over here. Sigh. Figures....

12. Frylock

Frylock Member

To say the father is disturbed is an understatement. I don't know anyone who I believe would react this way. It's way off the charts, even in this situation.
    I think there's a deeper story with the father.

Draft saved Draft deleted