1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad kills his 15-year-old son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 19, 2009.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

thanks kysportswriter and IJAG for bringing some sanity to this thread. This is horrible story, and some of the responses here are troubling.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, what the dad did is wrong. Horribly wrong. So was what his son did. So I have no problem with dad spending the rest of his life in prison. But I also think perverts who prey sexually on children should be executed.

IJAG, the kid admitted to touching a 3-year-old in some sort of sexual manner. I don't need to know the specifics. Hell, I don't want to know to know the specifics. He admitted to having sexual contact with a 3-year-old. You do that, you're sub-human in my book.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

No buts.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's so difficult to understand?

What the father did was wrong. No question. BUT! I'm more concerned about the only truly innocent victim in this case. I don't condone what the father did. BUT! I think child molestion should be a capital crime.

5. Smallpotatoes

The 3-year-old is still alive and we don't put 15-year-olds to death in this country for any reason.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If the kid molested the baby, the kid should have paid the ultimate price anyway. He's 15. He knows right from wrong by now.

The father should be put to death for killing the kid, however.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Agreed. But getting the piece of garbage 15-year old child molester off the face of the earth is fine, too.

8. Smallpotatoes

So you're Ok with the dad doing this?

9. Your reaction makes me absolutely ill.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'd rather our criminal justice system did it, personally.

11. Some of you make me absolutely physically ill.

He held that boy when he was a baby. He kissed him. He probably sang him to sleep. He walked him to his first day of kindergarten.

And then he murders him, execution-style. And your reaction is ...

The perv deserved it.

Disgusting. I am heartbroken, reading that story. Absolutely heartbroken that the story of a father and son can end that way.

But your reaction is that the 15-year-old deserved to die. Like that.

Absolutely fucking indefensible and, to use your word, subhuman.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am as pro-death penalty as they come... but a 15 year old - who apparently recognized he has some sort of problem - begging for his life from his dad - and then executed - and its applauded?

its sickening.

Draft saved Draft deleted