1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad kills his 15-year-old son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 19, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I feel for her. I really do.

The father wants to save the taxpayers some money by ending it now? Somebody hand him a razor or a noose.

Sorry. I don't care what the 15-year-old did. This makes me sick.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately often times these days most of those people are right.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Absolutely fucking horrifying.

I have a 15-year-old son. Never, under any circumstances, could I see myself doing this.

We like to make the Bill Cosby joke about, "I brought you into this world, and I'll take you out of it," but there's no way. I would rather kill myself than ever intentionally harm my own child.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Maybe some of the lawyers or lawyers-to-be on here can answer this: Public defenders (as I'm assuming this guy's lawyer is) can refuse to take on a case, can they not?

Who could, in good conscience, defend this guy, no matter what quasi-reasonable defenses you might be able to reach for?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Where's the memorial for the toddler the teenager allegedly raped?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

"inappropriate sexual contact" does not mean rape. Apparently exams showed no sexual abuse. I'm guessing he touched on the outside.

God, I'm creeped out even typing that.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

No, they never are, especially in this case.

8. Inky_Wretch

Who knows exactly what the perv did? But regardless, there's no display of flowers or teddy bears for the only innocent victim in this.

Nobody should shed a tear for the perv.

9. Smallpotatoes

Excuse me, a 15-year-old kid, stripped, dragged outside and shot while begging for his life by his own father?
    There is no fucking way he deserved it.
    The 3-year-old is still alive.
    If he did something wrong, the dad should have let the police, courts and state agencies do their job.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Unfortunatley the police, courts and state agenices would have fucked it up worse than this somehow.

I am not saying I agree with what the guy did, but your faith in the courts and authorities in a lot of cases is misguided.

11. Inky_Wretch

Horrible vigilante justice, no doubt.

But I have no pity for anybody who'd touch a 3-year-old in a sexual manner. None.

12. Smallpotatoes

And I have no pity for anyone who cold-bloodedly executes their own 15-year-old son while the kid is begging for his life.
    I don't care what he did.

Draft saved Draft deleted