1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad kills his 15-year-old son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Exactly. And it wasn't a crime of passion, either. It was premeditated.
    Here's the Free Press piece. As best I could tell there was some relationship between the dad and the mother of the 3-year-old. After he shot the kid, he called whom he thought was the 3-year-old's mom and called his son's mom by mistake and said "It's taken care of."
    Of course there are the nitwits in the comments section who say he did the right thing and now there's one less child molester.
    That's bullshit.

http://www.freep.com/article/20091119/NEWS02/911190378/1322/Father-is-accused-of--killing-teen

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Then again, the dude may have just snapped. Incredibly sad, either way.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Nothing good can come out of leaving comments open on a story like this. Nothing.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's still "allegedly" killed his son.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Only in Detroit.

The two most-sickening things about this situation to me are; the kid had sexual contact with a three-year-old girl and how he begged for his life until his father pulled the trigger.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It must have updated since any of you read it earlier, because the 3-year-old is now referred to as the 15-year-old's half-sister in the Freep link.

7. baskethead

baskethead Member

This disgusts me on every level possible.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Indeed. The version I saw made no mention of relationship, but you could connect the dots and infer she was a half-sibling.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Even money on the dad did this to the boy when the boy was young.

From what I understand about child molestation is it is not a born-in affliction. It is a learned trait passed from one generation to the other with abuse. It could have been an uncle or a family friend, but something is not right here.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This.

Simply unbelievable, all the way around.

And, no matter their biological connection, that guy is not that kid's father, and he probably never was.

No father would ever do that, and whatever the problems in their relationship, they probably had much to do with the 15-year-old's actions.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I hope the guy and the former wife are on suicide watch because I don't think the level of despair can get any lower.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

More page hits for the paper's site. Who cares if it's a horrific story? They gotta be able to boast of the increase in page hits at the next quarterly meeting when they take a break from planning layoffs and furloughs.

Draft saved Draft deleted