1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad #1 is in the hospital again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Oct 9, 2012.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I got a call from Dad #2 about an hour ago. Feeling the phone vibrate was strange for me, as most everyone who knows me well knows that I don't take very kindly to late night phone calls unless there's an emergency. And yes, when I was a journalist, being on deadline counted. This holds true even though I started a schedule in which getting up at 10 a.m. qualifies as the opposite of sleeping in.

I looked to see who it was, ready to either ignore the call or answer it with a diatribe about calling me at such a late hour. However, when I saw it was Dad #2, I just knew it wasn't your run of the mill, "we're going to Florida for a few days to do real estate" call. Dad #1 had been taken to the hospital complaining of chest pains, shortness of breath and sweats. In other words, some classic symptoms of a heart attack.

During one of their trips to Florida, Dad #1 had to be taken to an emergency room in Jacksonville. He was told he needed to make an appointment to go see a cardiologist. Dad #2 even researched cardiologists, but Dad #1 was stubborn and never went. I just hope that isn't a fatal mistake...

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Prayers.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dads, F_T

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Good thoughts to Dad No. 1.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hope it all turns out well for Dad No. 1, F_T.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Please keep us updated. Sending good thoughts.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Thanks for the well-wishes. He was discharged from the hospital today.

I'll see what I can find out from Dad #2 tonight.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Sending positive thoughts and the strength to Dad #2 to give Dad #1 a kick in the ass to get himself to a doctor to get this checked out.

Draft saved Draft deleted