1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

d/fw morning star-telegram news

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txsportsscribe, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

hey, clutch: i have no idea who press box ramblings is, but i can assure you it's not T.R.

T.R. wouldn't pump himself like that. i can't speak to all the rangers coverage, but T.R. was -- and is -- regarded as one of the nation's best ball writers.

2. fleaflicker's the one who said it, bud.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Any word on what went down?

4. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Oops...ya....we talked. Here's what I was told: Basically, there have been talks between the two papers, nothing is official, it's not a done deal. Something may happen in a month, maybe six. They don't know. Apparently there's lots of details about the content sharing too that raise plenty of questions/red flags. As far as job security? No guarantees at all.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

Hang in there, Tony. Fortunately, you have that gig coaching the Dolphins to fall back on. Good job this season, BTW.

6. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Hey, we're all in this boat. Maybe not now, but eventually, we'll all be effected.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Sad, but true.

8. Somebody needs to remind the suits that they're giving advertisers the excuse to buy in only one newspaper instead of two. That should really help the bottom line.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I hope things work out for the best for all involved down there. I almost ended up at the Star-Telegram out of college, so I keep thinking "what if" every time I hear about something like this. I'd like to say I can't see this happening other places, but I honestly think we're looking at the wave of the not-too-distant future.

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I'm sure with all these sharing of resources, they'll be sharing personnel in the publisher's office.

Sure they are.

Bastards.

11. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Relax, Screwball. All in jest. I know T.R. very well---worked with him several years.

12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

I will stand down now :)

Draft saved Draft deleted