1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D-Day at our shop

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spikechiquet, Apr 16, 2009.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I would rather work 3-9s and an 8 and have three days off. At least then we could all find part-time jobs on the extra off day..instead, I'm sure we will all be expected to work 6-six hour days...

Actually, our ME has been very supportive and is willing to make it work. His salary got slashed too, so he is in the same boat as us and wants to make it work without having anyone leave if they don't have too.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

That's 36 hours.....seriously, work 35 hours. These numbchucks need to realize that they CANNOT have the same paper. Anyone who gets their hours cut and continues to work over out of some sense of dedication for the product is aiding and abetting.

3. FuturaBold

FuturaBold Member

we haven't faced this type of drastic slash at our shop (yet), though our insurance rates will go up significantly starting next month. But at what point do all the employees band together after something like this and say "hell no!" and walk out?

4. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

That's what it will be and it'll be "wink, wink stay until you get the work done. You know ... some of the eight hours you are here you are watching an inning of the game on the TV, chatting with that cute copy editor in news, checking espn.com for breaking news that we really don't need. You really aren't 'working' the whole time you are here. Make sure you put 36 hours on your timecard, though.''

Draft saved Draft deleted