1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D-day At My Place

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ZummoSports, May 5, 2009.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Ask for a day or two to think about it.

But you should probably take the job, because you can then consider your future while still working.

Move in with your parents? Why? You're a grownup.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

There is nothing wrong about living with your parents. FML.

3. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

i have some friends who aren't in this business and have been unemployed for more than a year. unless you have cash saved up, i'm of the opinion you should stay employed while exploring other employment options.

4. ZummoSports

ZummoSports Member

They gave me till morning.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As others have said before me, take the job. If nothing else, at least it buys you some time to either find something else or to go back to school.

Good luck.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Take the job, and if you change your mind, give them the exact same notice they gave you today. Fuck employers that do that kind of thing.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You should still get unemployment if you turn this down, should that weigh in your decision.

8. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Personally, I'd rather shit in my own mouth than move in to my parents house, especially with the Grandpa. But, if it's something you think you can do, go for it. Go back to school and what not.

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Also, are they hooking you up with any severance if you turn down the news gig? That also should weigh in heavily on the decision.

10. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

And why can't you get your masters at an online school like Ashford University or University of Phoenix?

11. My position was "eliminated" last month. That's the way it goes, but what really hurts is the paycheck was eliminated in the process. I've been down this path before. Sad to say, but the business is in big trouble. Hold on to the job, and hold your nose, and prepare for further indignities. But start planning for what is next. Get out when you can, but do it on your terms, not theirs.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Take it, move back to your parents, save up a little cash, then quit in August and go back to school.

Draft saved Draft deleted