1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D. Culpepper: Maybe becoming your own agent wasn't such a hot idea

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He's his own agent, name your price!

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Uh, as bad as Grossman has been, I don't wan't Culpepper anywhere near a Bears uniform, unless his gimpy ass is getting sacked.

3. For some reason I think the Colts are going to take a shot at him and let him fight it out with Sorgi. It doesn't make sense in some ways considering the offense is so complicated, but he's a talented QB who will have plenty of time sitting on the bench to study the plays.

Culpepper is certainly no Mark Rypien, but you never know ...

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i don't know what his problems have to do with being his own agent. he's actually in the middle of a pretty smart ploy. the dolphins want to trade him. obviously. but he (and his agent, himself) need to agree to restructure before anyone would take him in a trade. he won't do that. no team will take him and take his long-term contract...i know all contracts are one year but i think he's due something like $5-6 million for this year. so he can force his own release and sign wherever he wants.

he's gimpy and was regressing even before the injury but i'd be shocked if he wasn't signed in about a week after being released.

or if he doesn't sign he'll be mentioned every single time a team has a QB injury and eventually be brought in somewhere.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

He's an upgrade over Jeff George getting mentioned.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

What about the Browns? Be much better than throwing Quinn to the wolves, plus it would take some spotlight off the rookie which can only be a good thing.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Is he still the all-time NFL leader in fumbles per game?

I spent years hearing about "small hands".

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

How about Jacksonville? He'd be reunited with Tice.

9. Talking Head

Talking Head New Member

All this man needs is a yacht, some good friends, a few dozen women of the night and Lake Minnetonka for a weekend to sort out his career options.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

A healthy Culpepper or Rex Grossman hmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah, I'd take Culpepper. His mobility won't be the same, but he still has that cannon.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

yeah, you gotta be kidding me. Culpepper over Grossman is a no-brainer.

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I second that. Nobody is bad as Master P.

Draft saved Draft deleted