1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D. Culpepper: Maybe becoming your own agent wasn't such a hot idea

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jun 8, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Has anyone fallen farther faster than this guy?

From 39 TDs in 2004 to getting pulled off the practice field and headed for his third team in three years, most likely as a backup.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10218624

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Still better than Master P.

3. The third team in three years has nothing to do with him representing himself.

Take the combination of a ruined knee and a personality conflict with Minnesota's new coach, and that ended his Vikings career.

Trying to rush back too quick from the injury, and another new coaching regime, ended his Dolphins career.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nuking his agent AFTER he turned his knee to spaghetti was not a good idea. I'm going to guess he cost himself a lot of money representing himself.

5. Anyone going to make a bid for him? Will the Raiders try to get him on the cheap as a seat warmer for Russell? They have similar styles and it might make it easier to transition Russell into the offense without changing many of the plays.

Just a guess. Anyone else?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It actually makes sense. Which means The Doppelganger won't do it.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

The smartest thing Culpepper can do is go somewhere for one year as a backup. He may not get a chance to prove he's healthy, but he also may not get a chance to prove he's NOT healthy, either. Maybe signing with a team that has a QB that has battled nagging injuries in the past (Ravens or Rams, for example) will get him enough PT to whet someone's appetite in 2008.

The Raiders thing is a disaster waiting to happen.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

You're right BYH(although as a Lions fan, I wouldn't mind letting him to come in and start). He should lay low and make sure the knee gets healthy before going out there full time. After the season ends and Sexy Rexy throws 40 interceptions, he should jet to the Bears.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

How about Atlanta?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Please.

No one's beating out Joey Harrington MUAHAHAH I almost said that with a straight face, I almost did it.

11. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Why?

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Maybe I can scrape up enough money to hire him as my manslave.

Draft saved Draft deleted