1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D.C. Travel Help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I second this ... and you can check other hotels sites like hotels.com, priceline, etc.

I stayed at the Hilton where Reagan was shot for $100 a night or less recently. Great area -- unless you're a president, maybe.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I say let's do it on a college football Saturday. At least I say so right now!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

that definitely works for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If I'm in town, count me in.

5. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

If you'll have me, I'll go. I promise to shower that week.

6. JackReacher

If anyone has suggestions as to which weekend would work the best, let's hear 'em. Unless I spring for VT tickets, I'm open pretty much every weekend.

7. CNY

CNY Member

If MU is still looking for a hotel, Travelzoo always has a good list of DC hotel specials http://hotels.travelzoo.com/washington-dc-hotels/

If you're driving and don't mind being way out in the suburbs, hotels in Tysons Corner and around Dulles airport are usually very cheap on the weekends.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Me and Sonner are talking about September 12th for some college football at the Crystal City Sports Pub. It's not set in stone yet, but it's the date we keep going back to.

9. JackReacher

Those who want in, just send Headbutt or I a PM.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Unfortunately, I will be on vacation in Toronto.

11. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

That would work for me. But so would just about any of the Saturdays after Labor Day.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Sept. 12 is good for me. I'm free pretty much any Saturday up until mid-October, where I go back on the weekend shift again. Sonner, I'm willing to do a crab cake sandwich showdown, if you're interested. (I will finish mine.)

Draft saved Draft deleted