1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D.C. short-term housing help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

In preparation for an internship in D.C. this fall. I'm looking at short-term housing options from late August through late November-early December.

For those who don't know, I'm getting a masters in poltical science in December and need the networking opportunitites an internship brings. If anyone here knows of anyone who is looking to rent a room at a modest rate (I'll only be in D.C. 3-4 days a week), I'll be grateful. I don't smoke, don't drink or use drugs, and more than happy to do more than my fair share of cleaning. If you know of anything within walking distance of a Metrorail station or bus into D.C., please PM.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Bump since I did get an internship offer from a Congressional office on Capitol Hill.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Congratulations.

4. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

My suggestion:

1. Go to a party at American University.

2. Wait until everyone passes out.

3. Move belongings into closet.

4. Live there.

5. Hope nobody notices.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The hangup is that the parties by American U. suck ass.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I think I'm a little too old to fit in with the college frat crowd. Who knows, I could be the oldest intern in a Congressional office from my cursory research.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Thanks to those who responded For their help. I ended up having to turn down the internship due to financial reasons. Just couldn't make an unpaid internship work.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

Maybe you should try an internship or something at the capital of your state.

Draft saved Draft deleted