1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(D)Ann Coulter strikes again with a whole new target

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Oct 11, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The television show HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel showed a 1983 FBI videotape in which Al Sharpton is seen talking about laundering drug money with former mobster Michael Franzese, a Mafioso-turned-undercover-FBI informant posing as a cocaine dealer.

The Crown Heights riot of 1991, and a 1995 arson attack on a Jewish Harlem jeweler that resulted in 8 deaths. That attack came months after Sharpton made remarks about the "white interloper". "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house" said The Rev. Sharpton

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

She appeared in our neck of the woods, and my bosses fawned about how funny she was. I said it then, and I say it now: Ann Coulter is to humor what Joseph Mengele was to science.

And she's no Al Sharpton, who deserves his own special hell.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Al Sharpton is one of the most despicable, racially divisive people on this planet. However, the above statement about Coulter is not true. Remember the gem about saying the widows whose husbands died in the World Trade Center used the deaths for their own political gain?
    "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much," Coulter wrote.

4. IU90

IU90 Member

Somewhat valid point, but the difference is that's more a twisted misinterpretation of the widows' motives than a fabrication of facts. The Brawley case involved false allegations that these men kidnapped, raped, sodomized and tortured that had no basis in fact whatsoever. To me, that goes a level beyond what the loony wingnut Coulter has done.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Two people who don't belong on this thread: old tony and Al Sharpton. (Unless ot wants to speak for himself.)

[OK, here he is. Reduce that to Sharpton.]

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I'll say it again; I would book Coulter on my show just so this could be my first question: "Tell me, you believe even half the shit you say and write? A third?"

There are few bigger fakes and frauds in American life than Ann Coulter. She should have been on the stage, not Howard Cosell, when Muhammad Ali said at the Dean Martin Celebrity Roast, "You are living proof that you don't need nothin' to make it."

She's laughing all the way to the bank.

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

DING! DING! DING!
    The sad thing is there are a bunch of knuckle-dragging mouth breathers who really think she's smart. And a bunch of morons who book guests for TV talk shows who think she's edgy.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

How anyone could possibly believe her offensive drivel is just befuddling.

9. How indeed?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I notice old_tony conveniently has avoided this thread. Spineless jellyfish.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Come on now. He has to disprove global warming because it's 40 degrees cooler today than it was on Saturday!

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Global Warming is so Saturday!

Draft saved Draft deleted