1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(D)Ann Coulter strikes again with a whole new target

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So Coulter is a Christian?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, why does Sharpton equal Coulter?

Just askin'

3. pallister

pallister Guest

If you want to argue Sharpton is not a hateful media whore (and that may not be your aim), I have two words for you: Tawana Brawley. The man should never be taken seriously, yet he's given a forum as a serious person constantly.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not arguing anything. Just askin'

I still find Coulter infinitely more objectionable than Al.

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Remember the Onion bit about how Marilyn Manson had taken to going door-to-door in the suburbs to shock people and how the public was bored? Same shit is happening here. About all that is left for this skanky-ass attention whore is saying something far beyond the pale of public discourse (like dropping the n-word), slapping Hillary Clinton or becoming a liberal Democrat. She's done, done, done.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ed Murrow said it best, about the Crossed Skank of Death:

"Have you no decency, sir?"

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Guys like Deutch, Hannity, O'Reilly, Matthews et al. who continue to book her are like freaks who invite a tranny dominatrix over and complain when she doesn't heed the "safe" word.
    "Hey spank me, call me a dog, tell me I'm worthless, but when you started pissing on me, well, I was offended."
    Until someone at a network level says they won't allow Coulter on any of their shows, I'm not going to buy their feigned outrage. And thanks for her ad at the bottom of the page SportsJournalists.com!!

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Sharpton gets a pass?
    Apparently, you have managed never to read a Jason Whitlock column.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Does he write for The Times?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, it was attorney Joseph Welch, defending Fred Fisher from Joseph McCarthy during Senate hearings, but the point is well taken.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I have trouble understanding what Coulter is saying on television unless I turn on the closed captioning option, and then do the "follow the bouncing adam's apple" thing.

12. IU90

IU90 Member

Compounded by the fact that he's never issued a word of apology or remorse for his conduct in the Brawley affair.

So, in that regard, Sharpton is worse. Coulter's a vile pig who spews hateful venom on talk shows which we watch and react with disgust or ridicule. But she's not attacking specific innocent people with completely false allegations that they committed horrid crimes. The lives of innocent men and their families have been ravaged by Sharpton's schtick, not so much with Ann.

Draft saved Draft deleted