1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D.A. Jack McCoy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lone star scribe, Nov 15, 2007.

1. I know it wasn't a closely held secret, but in Tuesday night's episode of Law & Order: SVU, I believe we got the first reference to Jack McCoy becoming district attorney. Good scene when he calls Casey Novak on the carpet. Here's hoping the writers' strike doesn't foul everything up and we get some good scripts in January when the mothership is supposed to return.

2. Damn.
    I missed a landmark L&O moment.
    Now, if they just bring Robinette back as Executive ADA.

3. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Hear hear!

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It was an interesting sweeps stunt, and a good way to keep the mothership's fading beacon heard.

On another front: Isn't SVU becoming dangerously ER-like, with crazier and crazier shit happening each week. One week, a pizza bomb in the next room. The next, Stabler goes temporarily blind. Plus, the perfunctory debate class in the squad room over some hot topic. And almost every week, the evil feds. Along with a cast that by the 15th season will have members hanging out the squad-room window in the opening shot because of volume. All troubling to me.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'll continue to watch because L&O is my wife's favorite, but SVU is getting worse and doing it quickly. Ice T is a menace as an actor at anything over one line per half-hour, Belzer is basically the squad room's Wikipedia, Hargitay's reaction when Meloni got headbutted last night was atrocious and, as you said, the preaching has just reached painful heights.

There are worse things on TV, but there are far better as well.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I never could get into SVU in the beginning since some of the story lines were so absurd.

Everyone tells me it's the best of the L&O series now, but I'm never home when it's on, nor do I have TiVo (yet).

And like Fenian, I would like to see Paul Robinette come back to kick some ass. Shambala Green, too, while we're at it.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

JACK MCCOY ALWAYS GETS HIS MAN!!!

I always secrectly hoped he'd scream that during one of his hoarse-voiced, red-cheeked arguments with whatever judge was stomping on the judicial system. Alas, it wasn't to be.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I just stumbled onto that episode by accident. Didn't know I was seeing history made.

9. "Is there anything you'd like to tell me before Miss...Shambala..Green...hands...us..our...asses...on a...PLATE?"
    -- Ben Stone, travelling in Europe, maybe a monastery.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

"Quick -- shut the door before somebody walks in with a case we can win." -- Adam Schiff

11. "When did we turn this office over to the Marx Brothers?"
    -- Adam Schiff.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

"Terrific. Now to win a larceny trial all we have to do is prove how the universe ends."

-- Adam Schiff

Draft saved Draft deleted