1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Czabe and Andy Pollin (Polley) ride again, Podcast #1

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Sep 18, 2015.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Unquestionably. My only beef is the frequent commercials, just because I then switch over to Mike & Marketing (stole that from Richard Deitsch) for three minutes and want to scream.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. Vombatus

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  4. Vombatus

Chris Cooley trying out with the Giants on Tuesday. Please sign him! And bring back the Sports Reporters and Andy Polley!

5. Vombatus

Podcast #3 came out yesterday. Some good stuff on Dexter Manley, and Papelbon vs. Harper.

6. Vombatus

ESPN 980 announced lineup changes yesterday.

The Sports Reporters are BACK! Czabe and Andy ride again, starting May 2nd. No Cooley - he got moved to a four hour 7 to 11 AM slot with Kevin Sheehan.

HELL YES! For the first time in three years, I will enjoy my DMV evening commutes again.

"The Sports Reporters 2.0" Starts May 2nd on ESPN980 | Czabe.com

The only sad thing is Thom Loverro got cut from the lineup. I hope he is an occasional guest on TSR.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Andy Pollin filled in on the national show a couple of weeks ago while Scott Linn was on vacation. Coincidence?

8. Vombatus

New program director arrived in February. Probably had more to do with it than anything. I'm sure there are a lot of backstories behind this.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Murray is off the morning show to do his own show in the evenings. Who makes the new fourth?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Scott Linn is terrible at anything but reading headlines. He can't ad lib, his attempts at humor are tortuous, and he can't answer a question. Nice guy, can't stand him.

More Solly.

Batman likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, when Czabe's out and Linn is hosting, the show rates a meh to a meh-minus. He's a good straight man to Czabe's bigger personality, but when he flies solo it's like toast without butter or jelly. Not the worst thing ever, but not great either.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

He keeps Czabe and Solly from getting suspended.

Draft saved Draft deleted