1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Czabe and Andy Pollin (Polley) ride again, Podcast #1

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Oh, man, a 30 minute podcast that brings back the memories of The Sports Reporters in the DC area. Czabe and Andy. I used to listen to them all the time, and now, no, show is gone. Revamped as the Drive with Cooley. I can't stand Cooley. I've been dialed 100% of the time into WTOPnews ever since the change.

Anyway, if you were a fan of the DC show, here is a link to the podcast: Episode one is entitled "Back From the Dead".

Maybe I'll Just Call This... "Wednesdays with Andy..." | Czabe.com

JackReacher likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Never listened to the local show, but Czabe's national show gets me through a week of long commutes. Best thing on sports radio by a country mile.

poindexter and expendable like this.
  3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

It's why I have XM.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Czabe's national show was on here several years ago, and it was alright.
    Certainly better than Dan Patrick's show that replaced it in our market. I loathe Patrick's show.

Now we don't get either. We were getting the awful Colin Cowherd morning show on ESPN, which was one of the worst radio programs I had ever heard. Now that he's gone it's been revolving door on ESPN. Currently is LeBatard, who is much better than the ESPN offerings that preceded him.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd welcome Czabe back in our market.
    Even if it includes him pushing that awful Leinenkugel beer.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You can get Czabe's national show on any podcasting app.

Batman likes this.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was listening to a lot of podcasts when I was commuting 140 miles a days, but mostly 'Serial,' the podcasts about 'Serial' and Pete Holmes' 'You Made it Weird.'
    Now that I'm working close to home again, I have not been listening to podcasts. Old-fashioned radio is just easier for me.
    I listen to KNBR out of San Francisco most of the time, but we have local station that plays a lot of the ESPN content. Previously they were a Fox affiliate but switched to ESPN several years ago.

I'm glad Cowherd's gone. That show was brutal.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I mean, that's fine. Whatever gets your piss hot. But how is old-fashioned radio "easier" than a podcast? Aside from taking 30 seconds to set the podcast up for auto download, I mean. Especially if the podcast is something you actually enjoy.

Anyway, Czabe's podcast usually goes up super quick, which is nice.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So - since there are a lot of Czabe fans here (morning show) - we all agree Scott Linn is terrible, right? I mean for anything but reading the headlines. He's a horrendous ad-libber, not funny, and can stretch a four word answer into twenty.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Linn's a decent straight man to Czabe and Sollie's over-the-top bombasticness, but otherwise, yeah, he's not a good host. When Czabe goes on vacation and Linn fills in at host the show is almost unlistenable.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Linn keeps Czabe and Sollie gainfully employed (not suspended). But other than that, yeah.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He should not host.

Draft saved Draft deleted