1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cyber Monday >>>>>>>>> Black Friday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I just knocked out over half of my Christmas list (what I'm buying anyway, several people are getting knitwear that I've been working on since August) for less than $50 on Amazon.

Prime is awesome. Since I'm back in school, I got six free months of Amazon Prime. In addition to free two-day shipping on many things, you also get access to Amazon's instant video service.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. We did the Prime trial thing last year and ended up re-upping for a year. And we'll continue to have it going forward. Definitely worth it, at least for us, mainly because of the free shipping. We haven't used the instant video as much, but it has come in handy a few times.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Super Tuesday, every four years.

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Yep. It's a service where I get reminded throughout the year that I'm happy to have it, not one where I'm sorry I didn't cancel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

We were looking at Macs for our family computer (wife and I both have work laptops) and decided that for what we do a cheap PC is best. We have had a $400 HP that is just over a year old, runs great, no issues, waaaaaay better than our old Dell laptop.

It gets used for e-mail, internet, some work, Facebook and steali...er downloading. We basically decided that we would just keep buying cheap PCs every year (and backing everything up on our external hard drive) instead of getting a real nice computer.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This. My lenovo cost less than $500 with a wide screen, a three-year warranty and the security program of my choice. I have had it for a year and had absolutely no problems with it. My last lenovo cost about the same and lasted four years.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I paid like $800 for a refurb Macbook Pro a few years ago and love it. Came with the warranty. No need for buying those awful anti-virus programs. Zero problems. But keep buying $400 computers every year.

At this very second, I just realized I'm the "Macbooks pummel shitty PCs" equivalent of BTExpress' "I don't have a mortgage and you do!!!"

My apologies. Enjoy your shitty PC. :)

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Just got FIFA 13 for half-price. Cyber Monday did its job for me.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Who the flock pays for anti-virus programs??? The best ones are free.

Guy -- spend a LOT less, get a decent PC laptop and you will never regret it. I use both platforms extensively (11 computers in the house) and the only thing Mac does better is marketing to the 1% :D

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

So does that mean Microsoft Security Essentials is a good freebie?

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I have it on every PC I own

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

http://www.adorama.com/LE43835GU.html

Is this a good one? The price seems great, but I don't want to buy a piece of garbage. It doesn't seem worth the warranty, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted