1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CWS running thread/blog/results/(whatever else NCAA won't let us do)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Saw an item on a CWS notebook in the local paper about Rice's team changing hotels. They took over Cal State Fullerton's hotel after the Titans bowed out. Something about complaining of bugs in their rooms. Bed bugs perhaps?

Blog that!

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe they were of the electronic type.

3. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Should we go ahead and start a new thread for Beavers vs. Eaters jokes/headline contest?

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The great Irvine lovefest is over.

If you follow the seeding, Oregon State was the next-to-last at-large team in the field (in the No. 1 seed bracket, but in the 16th seed's regional).

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I wrote back on the thread in regionals that I didn't think they would make it out of Charlottesville, and man was I wrong.

I'm glad to see them do well, though I think getting this far next year would be a stretch, at least without Canham and Barney and the closer (Kunz?).

Of course, I said that last year too...

6. DanOregon

Here's rooting for a 17-inning death march between Rice and North Carolina on Thursday.

7. Claws for Concern

Nice season for the Eaters. I wonder if they celebrate by going on a steady diet of top-name schools who want to play them next year.

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That'd be nice. So would reverting to being Fullerton's bitch again. ;)

To answer your earlier question, I haven't seen any info on recruiting.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wait...I just realized...Beavers? Eaters? And the closer's name is Kunz? The 13-year-old in me is giggling at the possibilities. Too bad the game was a blowout :'(

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

This plate umpire in the UNC-Rice game is terrible. The called third strike for the third Owls out in the seventh inning definitely got none of the plate.

11. Claws for Concern

UNC vs. Oregon State in the title series? Who had that pegged for a CWS final two? Yes, Oregon State won it all last year and I'm still stunned by that happening.

12. DanOregon

Rematch!

Draft saved Draft deleted