1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CWS running thread/blog/results/(whatever else NCAA won't let us do)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

And now ahead 8-5 through seven.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I guess.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

FINAL:

MSU 5 12 2
    NC 8 12 0

A six-run sixth by NC sends MSU to loser's bracket ... Damn !

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

These fuckers interviewed on the local news think State's acutally gonna win this thing.

Fucking idiots.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I would not have been shocked by a deep run out of the Bullies ... but not out of the loser's bracket.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'm ready for the West Coast invasion on the WWL on Saturday!

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Aside from the metal bats, white caps are my biggest gripe with college baseball. Just plain ugly.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

They're going to be busy:
    Let's see ... Rice 15, Louisville 10, that's 25 runs ... UNC 8, MSU 5, that's 13 runs. 25 plus 13, that's 38. Oops.

And those are two of approximately four graphs I've read. I ain't editing this thing.

Edit: After I read my own response, I saw another error that one generated. The run scoring pace would max out at 323 if all 17 games were required.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

OR ST 1, CS FULL 0 ^1st

Says the ESPN banner at the top of my TV screen.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Can we change this to the Brian Bennett Memorial CWS Running Thread?

11. Johnny Dangerously

Mike Patrick calls Win Probability Factor a new stat, and I'm already tired of it.

For one thing, mixing professional and college baseball stats to come up with this Win Probability thing is ridiculously flawed. They are almost two different sports, with different bats (wooden, metal) and different balls (raised seams, lower seams).

Patrick just won't shut up about it. Is anyone else annoyed by this near-obsession with this thing?

12. Johnny Dangerously

I'm also going to disagree with calling a right-handed batter's bunt to the right side of the infield a "drag bunt." I might be in the minority on this, but I say only a left-handed batter can lay down a drag bunt to the right side of the infield. There is nothing in the technique of a right-hander's bunt in that direction that suggests use of the term "drag."

Draft saved Draft deleted