1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CVS presses workers for medical information

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 20, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fair?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think it's fair. Interesting that CVS is based in Woonsocket RI. The SNAP budget will soon be rising.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

When I worked for Lee, they had us do this. Not only us, but our insured spouse had to have the test as well.

Mary Junck probably was paid $1 per pound, per employee.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Same here. Different company, but we have to do the test.

First year it was optional for employees -- if you did the test they knocked $300 off your insurance cost. Next year it was mandatory. Year after that it was mandatory for spouses as well. Year after that, they started telling employees which medical tests they were required to get -- colonoscopy, mammogram, etc.

I work for a very good company, but this part irks me.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

The paper I used to work for had us do "health screenings" every year. Based on that they determined our insurance rate.

Total bullshit. The company I work for now charges based on the level of coverage you want and how many people you have covered. The way it should be.

6. Shouldn't utilization of services factor into premium costs?

7. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I think it's fair.

Then again, I'm not a fatty with preexisting conditions.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Being a condescending asshole is a pre-existing condition.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I'm a fatty and I know guys half my size that go to the doctor three times as much as I do. I go to get my scrip refilled. That's pretty much it.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep. Didn't effect me directly because I opted out of the company insurance plan, but a fair amount of whining in the newsroom when it was first announced.

I have mixed feelings. I can see arguments on both sides. People like to complain about what an employer can and cannot demand from employees. But the counter-argument is that no one is forced to work at a certain place.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That was perfect. :D

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep. Ditto.

You know, I've come to work while on crutches, with broken bones and running a temperature. Yet someone from advertising gets a hangnail and is out for the month while recovering (sort of like some MLB pitchers). :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted