1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cuts in Madison, Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lantaur, Jun 19, 2015.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm just curious what the "men's health" clinic that is our sports section's ONLY regular advertiser seems to know that no one else does.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The advertiser realizes that the average age of your reader is a 50+ male and hence thier target audience.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    FileNotFound likes this.
  3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Of course it makes no sense. Newspapers have been their own worst enemy. See, the higher-ups are celebrating the loss of these people who are "favorite reads." Because they made a few bucks. They could give a shit if readers will miss them, because these higher ups who have ruined newspapers are not capable of thinking a thought that readers might miss certain writers. See, the higher ups have long devalued these veteran writers. They think anybody can cover their beats, anybody can write a column. They are the ones that embraced citizen journalism. Newspapers do not think certain writers matter. They only want to put the product out at the least possible cost. Who cares if long standing writers are gone? This is why newspapers are dead. I just wish they'd speed the process and kill the print edition completely and let a few kids put out medium to big city newspapers on a daily basis. I've pointed out before soon the Denver Post, the Chicago Tribune, etc. will be put out at a little office in the suburbs next to a Subway in a strip mall.

Draft saved Draft deleted