1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cutline currently on Sun-Times Web site

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hwkcrz1, Feb 13, 2009.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i call bullshit

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Actually, the way it was posted WAS very nonjudgmental.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

F'n-A. Truth to power.

4. Why not just send a quick e-mail to the S-T web editor, SE, ASE, etc., rather than calling attention to the error in a public forum?

5. VJ

VJ Member

Winner. This is/was done to embarrass people.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

and that's why i called bs

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Whew ... good thing they didn't misspell Vinny Del Negro's name.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's more fun to post it to SJ, where everyone can luxuriate in how much better they are than the loser who made/allowed that mistake. That seems to be the MO. I know, because I made a similar post a few months ago instead of informing the people who broadcast the error. Shit form on my part. If we care so much about the quality of journalism, we should be doing everything we can to fix these mistakes, not letting them stand while we snicker about it and rage against the machine on a message board. Like there aren't other opportunities to do the latter anyway.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This type of mistake has been appearing in newspapers since newspapers first appeared and has nothing to do with the current economic climate.

Draft saved Draft deleted