1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Customer service the way it should be: AmEx

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Jul 20, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll give a shout out to our bank, USAA, for great customer service. They've been brilliant. I had to take $1,500 out at the ATM last night, and they upped my (ATM withdrawal) limit over the phone with no haggling in less than three minutes.

Them is awesome.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Rough night at the blackjack tables?

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

USAA is great as a bank and for insurance.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Ha! No, I had to get enough money to close on the new house.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That reminded me of one of the (few) benefits of outsourcing customer service -- sometimes they don't know the difference between feminine and masculine names. I once had to call about getting the PIN reset for a card that's in my wife's name only. They didn't want anything to do with me even though I had all of her information, but when I called back and said I was my wife (her first name is obviously a woman's name) everything went fine.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I've found T-Mobile customer service reps to be helpful and cheerful.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I am biased, but by many objective measures BB&T is as good or better than Wachovia in customer service. And we actually have capital to lend because we didn't get involved in subprime.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

AmEx is in some trouble: http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/BT-CO-20090723-721163.html

9. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

They're cheerful and they try to be helpful but basically can't do a damn thing. I live next to Canada and my phone has a mind of its own about roaming over onto international roaming charges. No matter how many hours I spend on the phone with T-Mobile, no one, and I mean no one, can fix this problem.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Auto Club of Southern California (which is actually available all over the West, despite its name) has the best customer service on the planet. I get all my insurance and frequently travel with their travel packages.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We make shit wages, but man is that AmEx service good.

Another day in the SportsJournalists.com parallel universe.

Draft saved Draft deleted