1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

customer service rant No. 123865425

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, Dec 7, 2009.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Very simple to do; there are tons of programs that will help you do this. I've used PodWorks and was pleased.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Another reason why I should have gone to university. [/crossthreading]

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Had a running firefight with Dell today over a piece of software I bought at 10 a.m. Wednesday that was $25 less by 10 a.m. today.
    No refund, no credit, even though I hadn't received it.
    Told the guy in Bangalore that I was on hold for 1:10, bought the merchandise less than 24 hours before, and found out that even thought the Dell website said I would be receiving the software today it wasn't coming until Friday, where exactly was the customer service and why did I want to shop Dell again?
    And that if he apologized followed with "but" one more time I was going to lose it.
    Bottom line is to save $25 off the software and drop it from $134.99 to 109.99, I have to ask for an RMA when it shows up and Dell will waive a restocking fee and pay for the return shipping.
    When I get the RMA, then I'll buy a new one. Of course, I'll be using the first one until the second one shows up.
    It;s not the $25 (offered to take half, offered to have him send me a gift card; no dice), it's the principle.
    All this because the perfect storm of Vista, the software with my new HP 8500 4-in-1 caused Photoshop Elements 5.0 to stop working.

Draft saved Draft deleted