1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curt Schilling talking down to Sox fans on message board

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=34711&st=80

He's listed as "Gehrig38"

I love how he finds a way to say "But ya, there is a lot of legitimacy to people calling me out here. I'm not around the team now nor have I been since my surgery." yet thinks his thoughts on Manny have teeth because of the results from a "team vote" conducted in his head saying he'd be voted as the guy whose teammates would want him to stay.

LOL!!!!

Then he spews some long winded spiel about Sox fans turning their backs from tradition and blue collar ideal by them overlooking Manny's faults because of his hitting prowess. Then its pointed out to him by those same Sox fans he's railing that his boyhood hero Ted Williams had the same reputation of being a loafer outside the batters box, yet was beloved for what he did in it.

And his man-crush for Jason Varitek telling the fans to stop asking for his departure is kind of eerie. I love what one Sox fan told him:

LOL!!!!

This guy is a piece of work I tell you.....

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm sure you're not surprised by this.

I doubt anyone would be.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Curt Schilling talking down to anyone is the equivalent of the sun rising in the East.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I'm not. But I can honestly say that as a Yankee fan, I'm very surprised at Sox fans disliking Schilling the way they do. I've actually gained more respect for them as fans, seeing through Curt's nonsense.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The same forum users questioning him now are the ones who have been eating out of his hand for four years.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Expect no less from Curt.

7. KP

KP Active Member

Unfortunately too many yahoo Sox fans, like the one Big Chee quoted, only see production in offensive terms.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yes.

As a SOSH reader for four years, all I've seen is those idiots acting like Schilling is a god amongst men for posting on that site.

They are getting what they deserve at this point.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Exactly. Not many catchers can handle a pitching staff the way Varitek does.
    That in itself is worth some of the aggravation a fan(boi) deals with when he strikes out with 2 on and 2 out.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Curt has always been the first guy to stab someone in the back just as he's headed for the exit. I promise you, if Manny were still a Red Sox, he'd be defending all Manny's bullshit. Schilling is the most disingenuous person in sports. And I say this as a Sox fan. He's a total phony.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

A ballplayer who thinks fans are full of shit?

Shocking.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Winner winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted