1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curt Schilling contemplating run at Ted Kennedy's vacant senate seat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/02/curt-schilling-considerin_n_275507.html

Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling is among the names being tossed around to fill Ted Kennedy's vacant sSnate seat.

"I have been contacted," said Schilling in an interview on Boston's NECN. "I would have to make a decision pretty quickly." The 2001 World Series MVP did not rule out the option, but he insisted that he has "a lot on [his] plate."

Schilling, a Republican who supported John McCain, views the available seat as an opportunity for the GOP in what was a Democratic stronghold. "I think for the first time in a long time, it will take the right candidate," he said

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LOL

Fenian's rolling over in his grave.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I want this to happen sooooooooooooooooooooooo badly.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Oh GOD, no!

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I can't wait for his new blog -- 38filibusters.com

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

So do I. What a delusional piece of work.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Massachusetts already had Benjamin Franklin Butler in the House, waving the bloody shirt. Why not have Schilling in the Senate, waving the bloody sock?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think people on both sides of the political divide can agree that this has to happen. Schilling in the race would make it so much fun to watch.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I want Big Papi to run.

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Here in New England, there are people who give Schilling a lifetime free pass for 2004. I am not one of them. This guy's ego is so incredibly big. According to him, he's never wrong. I think he's getting in way over his head here, and to be honest, there's no possible way he gets elected (keep in mind, he's a diehead Steelers fan).

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

reading the many reactions by people in Mass, bashing his ramblings on his blog, there's no way he'll succeed.

I can't wait to see his face when he sees how people respond to his tired late 90's republican talking points.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's why it would be so fun if he ran.

Draft saved Draft deleted