1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cursing Cal apologizes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just when I thought Kentucky's fanbase couldn't possibly be more ignorant ...

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Especially a fanbase whose team was at one time coached by Rick Pitino.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh please, you underestimate them. Kentucky's fanbase can always find new ways to be more ignorant. For example, take this piece from today's USA Today about how the NCAA is being forced to enhance its security measures because of threats from fans, in particular Kentucky fans.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/2011-01-19-ncaa-security_N.htm

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If this is the case, Stoney, then I guess Kentucky fans will always be there to lower the bar.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They're ENTITLED. Their parents have told them so, forever.

Obviously, the e-mail blast didn't reach you.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My favorite Cal apology still is when he had to apologize to the sports writer for calling him a Mexican idiot.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Bilas had an interesting point on GameDay. Hubert Davis who played for Dean and Guthredge said he went 4 years without ever being cussed out. Bilas who played for K went the first 4 minutes without being cussed out.

I guess K would make a sailor blush.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What's said by the majority of college hoops coaches in private practices is frequently unspeakable.

But Calipari's made a number of his major verbal faux paxes in full public view.

Draft saved Draft deleted