1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curry Smurry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

David Lee can be for the Knicks what Bobby Jones was to the 76ers.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I will freely admit that I almost never see them play, so I'll defer to your judgement, but is Lee that good a defender?

3. Boom_70

No - he needs to become a better defender. I think Lee is a better passer than Jones was. He has great court instincts- something that can't be taught.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

i love lee's game. but a better passer than bobby jones? methinks you are crazy.

5. Boom_70

Well its been a while since I've seen Jones so my thinking may be clouded.

Hey Shockey will you join us in the Pro Football Hall of Fame discussion? You seem to have a long term knowledge of the game. What did you think of this year's selections?

6. Please consult "Abdul-Jabbar, Kareem" for an opposing view.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That is so wrong. Crawford is a chucker (as we used to say back in the day) and an extremely streaky one at that. As for Curry, the Knicks attendance has been up since they've been slightly more competitive recently and they're looking for tangible things to point to for their improvement. Thomas was touting David Lee for the sixth man award last week.

Curry's been scoring some points but his reactions sometimes seem a little slow on rebounds and loose balls. A few weeks ago I was at the Garden for the game against the Nets and the Knicks made a furious comeback but lost when Cliff Robinson jumped over the top of a flat-footed Curry for a tip-in at the buzzer.

Marbury has been playing his best since becoming a Knick in recent weeks, by the way.

David Lee=Phil Jackson.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In a perfect world, Curry would be the James Edwards of the Knicks. Lots of low post touches early and on the bench in crunch time except when you go offense-defense due to time outs.

9. Boom_70

yeah if you have Magic Johnson and James Worthy to go along with you.

Jabbar had career avg of 11 RBS and in his heyday was getting 14 - 16 boards a night,

A great center has to get you 20 pts and 12 rbs a game or he is not that great

10. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

It's the same thing when Curry was with the Bulls. He can get you 17-20 per night, but he's absolutely horrible on the other end. In fact, I think his teams might be better served if he didn't even bother running(?) to the other end.

I don't know that Crawford is their best, either. Same thing with Curry, he's a nightmare on defese, or at least hs used to be. Can't say that I've been logging hours studying his defensive habits lately, but when he was with Chicago he was a gunner who stunk on defense. Yes, I'm a bitter Bulls fan.

Besides, is it really worth discussing who's the best Knick? That's a lot like being named the tallest midget.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ronald Curry could be a pretty good receiver with another team.

Draft saved Draft deleted