1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Current software on your work station?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Jul 31, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If it's the Harris system circa 1994, like we have (and are getting rid of in three weeks), then I stand by my statement. If it's something different, I stand corrected.

2. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

The problem is most likely with the color profile you're using. It's been a while since I used 5.5, but there should be a color preferences menu somewhere. Once you convert to CMYK, though, it should look kind of drab. Your monitor is capable of showing much more vibrant colors than the press can reproduce, so the dull colors give you a better idea of what it will look like.

3. Something REALLY REALLY old!

4. ARD

ARD Member

P4 2.66 w/512MB RAM; XP Pro; Office 2003; MediaGrid 6.1; GN3 pagination, editing, page-flow/tracking programs.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

There's a G5 sitting on my desk that's so new it isn't working yet. Sure is pretty, though.

When we get it running, it'll be running NewsEditPro IQue and Quark 4.11

There's a Photoshop CS2 icon, so I guess I have that going for me, too.

6. This thread makes me want to laugh and cry.

Our computers are from 2000. On a good day, it takes me two and a half minutes to load Yahoo Mail. On a bad day, Yahoo Mail freezes, forcing me to restart the computer, or crashes everything.

It's immensely frustrating to spend four minutes as deadline approaches confirming a fact or a stat that could be checked in under fifteen seconds at home.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Upgraded from a G3 bluebox to a G4 three months ago.

OS X 10.39? on a G4.
    Software:
    InDesign
    MS Office for Mac
    Quark 4.1
    A couple of other programs (I assume was used by the production dpt. where the G4 came from) I haven't begun to play with yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted