1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curling anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 25, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hey! Korbel Elite Challenge on NBC in 10 minutes!

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

ONly if they had Anna Arce in the nude doing that! ;D

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that--two hours of curling on NBC? No offense to our Canuckistan brethren, as I'm sure the sport is beautiful and majestic, but holy crap! Two hours? On a national network?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Did you watch it? It's crazy addicting.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't care. I'd watch anyone curling. It's the second best sport ever, behind hockey.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I actually did. There seemed to be a lot of chatting and strategizing between the rolls (or whatever it's called) which slowed down the action. It looked kind of like high-stakes shuffleboard.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dude...winners buy beer for everyone. What else do you need??

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Two hours is nothing. When the Brier is on (the men's national championship), it's on CBC for days.

Like IJAG said, you gotta love a sport where the winner buys beer.

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

This show had Picabo Street, Dan Janssen and some others whose names I didn't catch. It seemed like a lot of the show had to do with explaining to the participants how to play.

I must've missed the beer part, but I'm up for a game next time I'm up North.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Curling, particularly in Western Canada (hi, Beef!) is a real community based sports activity. Must be the beer.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hey, I watched it this morning when I woke up. Awesome. Can't get enough. :D

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Remember when there were ashtrays at either end?

Draft saved Draft deleted