1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curling anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

http://www.thecurlingnews.com/calendar.html

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

DAMN YOU!

I was hoping for real curling news, and I get naked curling chicks??

BTW, carrie's a bigger Romo fan than you. :p

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm watching Hockey Night in Canada, and they just aired a commercial for some Canadian National Curling Championships. It makes me sad that I can't get CBC on a full time basis here, because I think I'd watch the Curling Championships.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Let me know if you see Elliotte.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Saw him last Saturday, advancing the Grey Cup Championship. He should probably be on between periods of the first game (Toronto-Boston) and the second game (Western Conference teams).

I might be completely wrong here--and it wouldn't be the first team--but I think Canadian commercials top those Stateside. The "I want to drive the Zamboni" Mastercard commercial is tremendous. A second into the commercial, I'm (badly) singing "Oh, I want to drive the Zam-bo-nee..." Stateside, we get goddamn John Mellencamp, and I'm not singing along to him.

That is all.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, I don't think I get CBC at all...so oh well. I'll have my memories of Toronto and that billboard on the side of the building to get me through the evening.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If you purchase the hockey package, you'd get your boy on a fairly regular basis! Especially on Saturdays, when he'd host After Hours, following the late game on the coast.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, I don't pay for my cable. My apartment complex does. So I don't have the option of going digital or anything, because I don't have my own account. :(

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Sorry about that but when I was reading that story I had to pass it around the office. I got three responses.

No. 1: Pardon?
    No. 2: What now?
    No. 3: WTF!???!

Couldn't believe it either, but I would like to see the finished product

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He's on now, interviewing the Flyers' Simon Gagne.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I do miss my big dish ... with CBC East, North and West. Good times.

Draft saved Draft deleted