1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curious about updates

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by InOKC, Jun 6, 2006.

1. InOKC

InOKC New Member

Does anyone who what finally happened with:

* Shuffles at Kansas City?
    * Sports editor at Ann Arbor?
    * Shuffles at Sacramento?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Can't speak for anybody else but:

*no
    *no
    *no

3. I think in KC Mike Fannin has become ME.

4. iancahir

iancahir Member

In KC: Mike Fannin is AME for Features and sports. Holly Lawson is SE
    In SA: no idea
    In Sac: ASE Larry Hicks left for Atlanta; DSE Barb Zumwalt leaves Thursday for Stockton; other exits on the way, from what I hear, and no word on when they'll hire the two management positions. DSE is more pressing.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

BTW, that's Lawton.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor:

Ann Arbor is in no hurry. They have a couple of candidates from local Newhouse papers interviewing this week. They've got a short list of out-of-state candidates who'll receive phone interviews in the next few weeks, followed by visits for finalists.

7. iancahir

iancahir Member

I knew that. as soon as I posted, I d'ohed

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

--Sac is weighing filling a couple of management positions as the McClatchy situation plays out. The process has taken longer than expected.
    --San Jose has Guild negotiations to deal with as it replaces (?) a deputy. Deputy is not a Guild spot, but some looking into the gig are in the union. Managing editor just returned from vacation, so that process can proceed.
    --Ventura has delayed its SE hire a bit (wonder why ::). No interviews yet; expect movement in mid-summer.
    --San Diego isn't sure it will be able to replace its gone-to-Vegas columnist.
    --As expected, Riverside let some folks go, although none in sports.

9. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Bill Bradley has posted on here that he/the Bee will move faster to fill the DSE opening, but I haven't heard where he/they're at.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Didnt they learn their lesson with the last out-of-state SE they hired? The one who loved his new job so much that when he went back to New Jersey to move the family to Ann Arbor, he ended up choosing to stay in New Jersey?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Note to Ann Arbor: I've moved, at least twice, since the last time we talked.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Ann Arbor's a neat place.

If you're used to the weather that far north, you might like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted