1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curious about soccer posts

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by nmsports, May 11, 2010.

1. nmsports

nmsports Member

I'm just curious if any of these soccer gig posts turn into actual assignments. My soccer coverage experience is extensive but it also seemed to be a difficult and usually losing battle in getting anybody to pay attention.

2. KMcDill

KMcDill Member

Rarely. I have been doing this since last fall and gotten two one-game gigs out of it, one for the Fire and one for the Red Stars.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

It's infinitely better to e-mail editors directly. They're not going to go scouring a message board for someone who has posted their availability in that city when a need arises.

4. nate41

nate41 Member

Agreed. If there is a tourney/playoff game in the area or that I'm already covering, I look for any out of town teams and find any paper remotely close. I throw enough emails out into cyberspace and usually I pick up a few gigs.

Draft saved Draft deleted