1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it's hysterical to watch Larry go to Leon and have serious conversations.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Their conversation about the car -- that he won't fly because you need a photo ID and that he fit 8 people in the car were pretty funny.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

no love for sunday's ep on the 'invention' comes as no surprise. first time i found myself thinking, 'i haven't even cracked a smile yet.' :mad: :mad: :mad:

others obviously agree, yes? ??? ??? ???

4. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

I thought the "upstreaming" bit at the beginning was pretty good. "We can't have that. That would be anarchy." I laughed at that, but not much else. Living in New York, you hate people that pull that crap.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Worst episode of the season, by far.

6. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Maybe not the best episode, but I enjoyed it. The bits with the periscope cracked me up-the music as they hunted the one-armed man, and, earlier, even Susie agreeing it worked well. Also, a bit of meta-humor with Larry always talking about how he's had these ideas before (Seinfeld references seem to be the theme of the season-not surprising considering they're in NYC):

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

A couple of Sopranos alums in this one. Obviously Aida Turturro (Janice Soprano) as the inventor's fat slob wife.

Also, the guy who played the one-armed man (Venito) was also Murmur (Christopher's buddy/AA sponsor who helps him shakedown Ben Kingsley and mug Lauren Bacall) in The Sopranos.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Seemed a lot more improved than usual. I thought that the racist old guy could have been funnier. They also underused Wanda, whose storyline fizzled.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Larry David + Bill Buckner = comedy gold

"That was a horseshit throw, Larry!"

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Did a radio interview years ago with Buckner. Pre-condition was not to talk about 86. Gotta know how much he was paid for this.

Unbelievably funny, though.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

When did Pegi from the Capital One ads start running a garage?
    Susie's glad Larry gave her a ride.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

'Koufax gave me some kishke one time.'

I heart Bill Buckner.

Draft saved Draft deleted