1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. There's no way a person would not just move three feet to the left or right when they saw he wanted into that ice cream cooler.

Kinda reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where the hospital refused to pay for damage to George's car when the patient committed suicide by jumping on top of it. Any hospital would have paid to fix the car. It just made no sense.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Tonight's episode was an all-timer. Holy smokes, was that incredible.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Is there some place I can illegally watch the new episodes?

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

http://www.tv-links.eu/

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was starting to think the same shtick had worn too thin, and tonight's episode made me LOL. Seriously. I was laughing hard during the scene with Super Dave in front of the chicken place.

6. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

LOL, Janice!

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Unlike the classic episode where George pulled a golf ball out of a whale's blowhole, which made perfect sense...

The full story's not online but the new Rolling Stone has a great piece on David. Online they have some other interesting tidbits, though.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/larry-david-talks-dating-post-divorce-seinfeld-and-wealth-20110720

But the story's worth checking out if you're at a newsstand (if your city still has those). He's basically the character on the show, except, as he says, he couldn't possibly act like he does in real life. It's his Superman. And a lot of insight from his ex-wife, whom he's still on good terms with.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Still waiting for somebody to bust out an Officer Judy reference.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes, one of the best episodes ever. Here’s hoping “You’re Koufax-ing us?” becomes part of the lexicon.

The whole al-Abbas Chicken arc was outstanding. Loved these two exchanges:

Funkhauser: “I thought about it all night, and I figure if Rabin can break bread with Arafat, I can have chicken at this anti-Semitic shithole.”

Shara: “I like you.”
    Larry: “What’s not to like?”
    Shara: “You’re a Jew.”

Also got a kick out of … “You said 'no matter what.' This is the ‘what!’”

And was this Larry Miller’s first appearance on “Curb?” If so, I hope they make him a regular.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was such a great episode. The Koufax and Entebbe references. The sex scene was perfect Curb -- so wrong but hilarious.

Funkhauser rules.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Could be my fault, but all I got from that was a 73-second clip.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Funkhauser has evolved into my favorite character over the years. Super Dave's delivery is just so odd. It cracks me up.

And the sex scene was great.

Draft saved Draft deleted