1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 10, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Now. So excited.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Gary Cole as the Dodgers' owner. Awesome.

3. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Has there been a more paralyzingly awkward moment in television history than Larry David giving a 13-year-old who's having her first period instructions on how to use a tampon?

4. dmc

dmc Guest

The funny thing about that is the name "Joe O'Donnell" was also the name of a potential buyer of the Red Sox, like McCort was. I wonder if Larry knew that and made it an inside joke?

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good lord, no. That was crazy.

The girl also plays Loretta in Justified. Good kid actor.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

from start to finish, brilliant... brilliant... brilliant epiisode.

BRILLIANT!! ;D 8) ;D 8)

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I got Sweded.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Absolutely brilliant episode.

9. Steak Snabler

Rich Eisen's podcast this week is all "Curb," including a one-on-one with Larry David, an interview with several of the writers (including Alec Berg) and a roundtable featuring LD, Jeff Garlin, Bob Einstein/Super Dave and JB Smoove.

Great stuff.

You can find it on iTunes or on Eisen's NFL Network page:

http://richeisen.nfl.com/

10. Webster

That was great. Larry David seems like a good guy and the writers were very interesting.

The roundtable was a little odd -- JB Smoove and Super Dave are both very funny, very strange people. It would seem tough to have either of them follow directions very well. Garlin seemed like a bit of a prick (but I think he was the one who planned the HBO special in the first place)

11. Steak Snabler

Garlin's a regular guest on Cowherd's show and some other shows I frequent, and he's usually very good. Super Dave was the one who kept sending things off the rails with his inane interruptions. But the roundtable was worth plowing through just for the last five minutes.

12. Webster

The second episode was very good -- not great.

The premise of the women not moving at the grocery store paid off in the end with Richard Lewis,but I like the social situations to be a little less contrived than that.

Larry at the safe house was gold. And the hospital scene was funny as well -- but I like it better when they don't describe the Leon/Larry living arrangement, just that they let it be.

Draft saved Draft deleted