1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" running thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 1, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Larry playing Jason playing George playing Larry was the greatest thing ever.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Icon. Icon. Icon. NO-con.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, and he was so terrible.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Wondered why Mocha Joe didn't just say "A for Asshole!"

5. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

I know Seinfeld had its day and there's never going to actually be a reunion show, but was anyone else blown away by how easily Larry (and probably Jerry and others) were able to put together a story that was so Seinfeld-esque after so many years away from it?

It's not that the brief snippets of the "reunion" story we saw necessarily add up to a great Seinfeld episode -- it's that it felt so easy to believe that it was just a natural continuation of the show. George gets rich and loses it all. George gets married and his wife leaves him and she's still rich even though he's broke. Jerry forms the ultimate personal attachment with Elaine by being her sperm donor, but he can't handle the idea of the kid calling him daddy. It was so Jerry and so George. I just really enjoyed the fact that 11 years removed from writing those characters, they could pick it up and nail it so well.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The iToilet! And I thought of it!

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

HBO has announced that Season 8, set in New York, will debut Sunday, July 10.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

New trailer for the new New York season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uXvqZB2O028

Draft saved Draft deleted