1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cue the Daniel Powter ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 7, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Not one of my better days. Last night I go out shortly after midnight and discover that my cat, whom we had adopted just a few days ago, had been run over. He was laying in my yard. He had come to our house when we were outside, and he was all scraggly, so we fed him and figured he'd stay. Just trying to do the right thing, and having a pet had already become kind of nice. Sucks.

Then, this morning when I got up, I walked outside to notice my wife's car had been broken into. Busted out a window and grabbed her purse. IN MY FUCKING DRIVEWAY. Spare me the security lectures. We know. Wife's feeling violated. Her purse is gone. We're worried about identity theft. Had to cancel the credit card and debit card, she's running around getting new driver's license and filing insurance claim. Just fucked up.

Thanks. Just wanted to vent.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is the cat going to make it?

3. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

Looks like the word "had" answers it. As in past tense.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Poor kitty  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

And people just have no shame.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Is it possible that the purse-thief/window-smasher also ran over the cat?

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I would be supportive of my wife, too.

But a week or so later, I'd be asking.... "The purse left in the car overnight. What the fuck?"

You still have your car, which is a really good (and, frankly, lucky) thing.

Really feel bad about the little animal.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

He did not. Was dead when I found him.

HBL: Mother-in-law beat me to it. Shit of it is, Her laptop, a projector for work, her cell phone and about $300 worth of CDs were in there, and they didn't take any of that.

21: Well, the two events happened several hours apart, but I suppose anything's possible. There's about 60 houses in our subdivision, and we were the only one hit, though one other one had its trash container tipped over. Anyway, the sheriff's deputy who took the report about the car dismissed that detail altogether. And for all I know I could have run over the cat myself. No way to tell. Gotta tell you, I'm a dog person, but I had become attached to this kitten.

On top of all that, I've got that fucking song in my head now.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm sorry about the break in, and feeling worse about the cat.

If it makes you feel better, my aunt told me something once that comforts me. She told me that God takes animals so children have someone to play with in heaven. Always warms my heart. :'(

And, BTW, never stoop to Dainel Powter. We're all better than that. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted