1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cue the banjos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Sep 14, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The part where she reportedly beat the feet with a 2x4 is sadisticly humorous.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/09/14/food.abuse.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Wonder what present they gave her for Mother's Day?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Certainly not unique to West Virginia.
    We had a similar case here several years ago when I was the assistant city editor. Not quite as a bizarre. There was no forcing the kids to gorge themselves and then consume their own vomit.
    But the case was more severe, since one of the younger kids, a foster kid, died.
    I'm trying to recall the details.
    The mother had her gaggle of kids, stepkids and foster kids with her in the mini van. One young girl, 3- or 4, was crying about wanting to go to McDonalds. Mother told daughter, 16, to sit on crying foster daughter. Foster daughter smothered.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If I'm 16 and my mother's abusing me and making me eat my vomit, I'm whipping some ass -- mother, or not.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's just old-school parenting. You can't coddle kids.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Vomit
    It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted