1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cubs tickets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

GF and I are going weekend of July 11 and want to go the 12th vs. the Giants. Gone the scalpers route before, but this time want to make sure I get them. Looking at StubHub, just seeing if there are any other options. On MLB.com website, there are no tickets available.

Thanks in advance.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, baby, you hadn't even mentioned a trip!

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The cubs have an exotic scalping system all their own, selling unsold tickets at premium prices. Might want to check that out.

I use a very reliable ticket broker in Chicago when in need, happy to get you the name if you want it.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10 bucks says the guy's name is either "Legs" or "Rocco" :D

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Standing room only.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Actually, his name is Max. Total crazyman, but he always delivers.

Any time you're willing to use a broker, you can get tickets. I know lots of season ticket holders who give everything to a broker at a premium, and just buy broker tickets to the games they want. Win win.

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I swear by Stubhub, Elliotte. But I check often leading up to the event. And remember, they no long sell right up to the event day. Sales are cut off two days prior to the game (you used to be able to pick up tickets at a hotel near the venue).

You could also use Craigslist. I used that when I went to the World Series a couple years ago. I met the guy on game day in a Home Depot parking lot and paid cash for the tickets.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I want an apology for that crack.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

StubHub is now an eBay subsidiary, and the comfortable majority of eBay associated ticket business now goes through the StubHub racket.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is that policy new this year? I walked into the StubHub outlet at Clark and Racine and a bought a ticket an hour before a game last season.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I believe so. Because I know two years ago I bought NBA playoff tickets 22 hours before tipoff and picked them up in a conference room at a hotel.

Maybe there are retail outlets? I don't know.

All I do know is that I wanted to purchase tickets online for a Sunday game one Thursday night and couldn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted