1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cubs Radio reporter/host

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by amoney, Feb 18, 2009.

1. amoney

amoney New Member

Pretty sweet gig

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?ipath=EXIND&siteid=cbindeed&Job_DID=J3G66D69KYS3HN9FR01&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=b09cd6f1a3f94563a01220da7ec27024-288290001-JK-5

Full-Time Sports Reporter/Cubs Host: Pre/post-game interviews, features, hosting; score updates, wraps for morning show, assisting Cubs broadcast team at home and away games, hosting/appearances on other WGN programs as required. During off-season: anchoring/reporting/hosting. Previous on-air sports broadcast experience required. Baseball play-by-play experience required. Send salary requirements, resume and audio demo to Sports Director, WGN Radio, 435 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL. 60611.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Long relief experience a plus.

3. Fenix031

Fenix031 New Member

Would be a fun job. Too bad I'm not a broadcast guy.

I know the person who previously had this job is now sitting beside Bob Uecker and doing radio for the Milwaukee Brewers.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

But isn't posting this job in mid-February a bit of a head-scratcher? Unless they've all but got someone hired and are just posting for appearances' sake.

5. Fenix031

Fenix031 New Member

I just saw an article in the Wisconsin State Journal a couple days ago about the Brewers' new hire, so it seems like he may have left Chicago unexpectedly. Maybe they're just kinda scrambling at this point (Not that they'll have any problem finding suitors).

6. Congrats for Cory Provus for getting the gig next to Uecker.

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Tribune owns careerbuilder.com, hence the posting, and the job just opened because the old host went to the Brewers.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Cory Provus was hired by the Brewers/WTMJ on Monday (it was between him and Arizona's Jeff Munn). He replaced Jim Powell, who left for Atlanta.

The Brewers/WTMJ had a feeling Powell was going to get the gig, so they were putting out feelers/soliciting tapes beforehand in anticipation of him leaving. I don't think the Cubs/WGN had that luxury of knowing if Provus was going to get the Brewers gig or not.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Good for Cory. Good dude. Haven't seen him in ages - so he could be a prick by now. But I doubt it.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

MontyCory, anything to add?

Ummm... no.

He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing, folks!

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

HEY

H H EEE Y Y
    HHH EE Y
    H H EEE Y

H H EEEEE Y Y
    H H E Y Y
    HHHHH EEE Y
    H H E Y
    H H EEEEE Y

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A hell of a jump for someone that was doing UAB pxp a couple of years back.

Draft saved Draft deleted