1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cubs' Fukudome upset over new shirts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tripp McNeely, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Did you read Wittenmyer's story?

Here's the link ...
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/901817,CST-SPT-gordo18.article

Here's an excerpt ...

I'm certain they're not the majority among Cubs fans. But they sure as hell aren't an isolated minority either.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So because Gordon Wittenmyer sees a couple of assholes, it makes it a widespread trend?

The T-shirts are awful. And fuck anyone who wears one. But you couldn't and never can resist any opportunity to talk shit about the Cubs, the Bears and the City of Chicago. You can't see that?

3. Bubbler

Of course I see that. Doesn't mean I'm wrong. :D

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I would remind the esteemed Mr. Bubbler that serial killers, paint-thinner drinking morons and sexual violators of both livestock and human remains are but a short list of things that are not isolated incidents in Wisconsin.

But the cheese curds are good, so we leave them be.

5. Bubbler

Why is someone a moron for drinking paint thinner? It goes down well with a brat.

And by the way, don't you have some fucking snow to shovel?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Don't forget the mustaches and fat guts. The men are pretty bad, too.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

People need a humor transplant.

The shirt's humor is in its cute wordplay. However, it also casts Americans as the arrogant douchebags we are as a whole. That's pretty funny, too.

Our stupid, jingoistic culture doesn't learn second languages. "Fuck the rest of you countries!"

But, hey, at least we don't have to worry about the Japanese making fun of our efforts at learning their language on a t-shirt.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sure, Cowbell.

It's FUNNY!!!!!!! It's COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think you forgot the blue font.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know. Perhaps my favorite T-shirt, and I have only seen it a couple of times, is the "Jews for Jeter" shirt written with a kind of Hebrew-English script.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The 1 in 10 offended need to get a life. Soon you won't be able to joke about a damn thing without pissing people off.

11. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

And here I thought Fukudome just realized Cubs was English for "one-hundred year drought."

... ducking ...

12. Bubbler

Go tell that to Fukudome's face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.