1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cubs' Fukudome upset over new shirts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tripp McNeely, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

No... I believe what I post.

Unlike a bunch of you fucking, condom-thin-skinned hypocrites, who I know laugh of various cultural stereotypes, but are acting all holy on this thread.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Again, premise is off. Shirt doesn't make fun of entire culture.

But let's go with it anyway....

You didn't think this was funny?

http://www.dotspotter.com/news/54423_Eddie_Murphy_Classic_on_SNL_as_Undercover_White_Man

Don't you fucking dare say you didn't.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

But my problem is, we have a group of people from one race telling a member of the offended race "Hey, suck it up, you shouldn't be offended. Grow a set!"
    Are all Asians offended by the shirt? My guess is no, most likely not. I'd be shocked if they all were. But as a caucasian male, I'm not about to tell Kosuke Fukudome he shouldn't be offended by a t-shirt that depicts a slant-eyed bear speaking in an overly-stereotypical dialect. Am I personally offended by that? No. But I could damn well see why Fukudome (or any other Asian) would be.
    The fact that you, Simon or a number of other people can't (won't?) is upsetting, really.

5. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

That makes fun of caucasians. As a caucasian male, no, I'm not offended by that. I think it's funny.
    But, what if I was offended by it? I wouldn't react well if Kosuke Fukudome stood up and said I was an idiot for being offended by it. He's not in my shoes.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Oooh... let's change the playing field... fun with pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm just fucking amazed sometimes. Fucking amazed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.